Wednesday, March 3, 2010

let the music intoxicate your mind!!!

ok, so mixtapepass.com has me more excited than crust-less bread sold by the loaf, more than alice in wonderland (march 5th!!!) and more than my hellz x vans (that just came in yesterday and i must say, michael jackson aint got nothing on me. pics soon to come! ooops, can i still say stuff like that? fuck it. when has janice ever held back her tongue?! roll over in your grave, m.j) ITS THAT SERIOUS, RIGHT NOW!
now, anyone who knows me, knows i'm the most stubborn person when it comes to music. new music, that is. see, i have a late 80s-90s soul and its extremely difficult for me to give new artists a chance to prove their genius. reasonable doubt, 36 chambers, capital punishment, the slim shady lp along with a few others (the classics, you know) were played back to back on repeat in my iPod/mp3 player/cd player/cassette player for years. classic rock speaks to my soul, but for some reason, which reason itself knows not of, my heart pumps hip-hop. i was raised on it. who remembers that short little girl with a personality taller than most from the bronx running around with her cd player bumping her head HARD to puff daddy's no way out? ::raises hand:: i remember her. i'll forever be her. so its extremely difficult for me to give just anyone a chance especially with all this weezy, jeezy trash, the world seems to embrace nowadays.
...BUT, times have indeed changed! lupe fiasco is my new daddy and giving other new artists a listen doesnt seem to be such a bad idea(yes, the girl deathly afraid of change is changing). time to step my music game up. how can i not? there's a lot of goodies out there just waiting to be devoured and you know what a BEAST beans is so i'm going in. i finally downloaded u.n.i's complete: a love supreme. it's hot. i'm a very picky eater though. and theyre still a little under cooked for my personal taste to go ahead and say that as new artists theyre the new 'it,' but a love supreme is it (for now). give it a listen if you havent already on mixtapepass.com (it FREE!) and it doesnt hurt that theyre fly as fuck either ;)



Photobucket

-"close your eyes, it's you and I" get it? ha!

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you... I'm still discovering old biggie mixtapes and they're still current

    ReplyDelete