Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I like it when it shocks people." - Miss Van

who do you first think of when you hear the phrase 'guerilla art'? for lots of us (myself included) its, of course, the infamous bansky (whom i respect immensely and am in no way whatsoever trying to bring forth comparison to the genius art he has created) he gave graff a truly distinct image, but as i was working on my upcoming photography project, i came across the beautiful works of thee lovely, miss van, a french artist living in spain. my jaw literally dropped. never have i see such beautiful pieces of artwork. emphasis on the never. her style has no parallel. controversial, yet delicate. raw, yet classy. bright, yet morbid. they're beautiful. and i want one. or two. or fourteen. grab a pot of beans and enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and ofcourse, my favorite one...
for so many other reasons inspite of thee obvious...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment