Thursday, February 4, 2010

attempting to sleep with my glasses on

so i guess the main purpose of a blog is to actually blog about everyday life and unfortunately share how routine has devoured ones will to live for the sake of living and so i've realized i havent done that. at all. not even once. and i should. because i'm no exception. routine has gotten the best of me. i apologize in advanced for this tedious post, but i love janice a little more than i love all you, readers and so for my own state of sanity, i shall vent. "everyone take your places. lets have a great show. break a leg and if you forget your lines, improvise."

hmmm where shall i begin. school? thats always an entertaining small-chat ice-breaker and being that is what i'm most preoccupied with nowadays, i suppose it's appropriate to start there. so its my last semester at john jay college as an undergrad student. 5 years and 120 credits later, i'm here. to tell you the truth, it feels good. real good. not only because every single person i met my first year has either dropped out or is still in the process of obtaining enough credits, but more so for me. i did it. alone. with the help of no one. and i dare someone to take that away from me. "its just cuny?" if its just cuny, wheres your BA at? and i dont say this often, but i'm proud of janice. "i be low, then i be high. its like a battle knife to a gun fight, but i be cool, this the story of my life." -cudi (currently what i'm listening to and i felt it was appropriate just to throw that in there). i'm taking 6 classes. its a huge workload. its only day 3 and already i feel drained. all 6 except for statistics are elective classes so i've been surprisingly interested in all of them. sociology of mental illness is probably the one that i'll invest the most time into. i'm going to step out of my norm and study mental illness, but from a sociological perspective. why not? i've placed a heavy sense of reliance on looking at mental illness and substance abuse from a psychological perspective. i, too, need to challenge myself.

work? it blows. doing the whole retail nightmare (again). aldo, i will NOT allow you to be the end of me. honestly, for right now, aldo is the only job that can handle me. my class schedule is complicated and due to all the personal work i'm planning on doing outside of class, i need to be able to just get up and go as i please. 2 of my classes are requiring me to attend AA meetings. i've attended several for other classes before, but i'm really going to dedicate myself to the experience this time. i'll be super broke for awhile. ecuador was awesome, but i spent over my budget and now need to pay off a maxed out credit card. so all aldo income will be going straight to that. sneaker and handbag habits will be undergoing immediate withdrawal.

love? like work, that blows as well. true love blows anyway (lol) love is one of those things i'm always dressed head to toe in. it never goes out of style (i think i stole that from sex and the city) but its true. i have it. always. want mine? take it. its simple. i'll serve you my love on a plate, but please devour will care. as for the love life? its pretty uneventful. i have a crush or 2 or 7 that are keeping me occupied. been listening to a lot of mos def lately so who knows i might just become a loyal fan. (i hate to keep referring back to ecuador, but it just changed me in ways words cannot explain. and it re-taught me something i already knew, but in a way that i'll never forget.) i have the world at my fingertips. literally. theres so many things out there that deserve my attention. so any ppl worth meeting. so many challenges worth taking. useless 5 month reLIEtionships are frivilous. useless 5 year friENDships are jokes. lets talk about lifetimes. deadass.


the use? it's still there. judge me, but love me.
hasta la proxima.
-habichuelas

No comments:

Post a Comment